Monday, May 3, 2010

How to be a DAD - my parenting experience

How to be a DAD - my parenting experience

Being a parent, a dad to be exact, as I just learned, is one of the world’s most challenging tasks. Its just as tough as a mother’s. The attention and effort it demands from you just sucks away your energy. From the time you wake up (if you were able to sleep the whole night that is…) its all systems go!....You change the diapers, feed him, burp ‘em, let ‘em get some early morning sunshine (babies love this!), feed him, burp ‘em, give him a bath, play with ‘em, feed ‘em, burp ‘em, then rock and sing them to sleep….THEN you can brush your teeth and have breakfast…this goes on and on till the evening. At the end of a looooooong day, all you want to do is crash. And did I mention that babies still can’t distinguish night from day? So for the first few weeks, they are usually awake at night. Your daily routine continues at night till the wee hours in the morning. This goes on for days and weeks….sounds tiring? I’m talking from my experience as a dad with a son who is barely two months old! Whew!

But, I also discovered that being a dad is also one of the most rewarding piece of work anyone can ever have. Just seeing your baby smile and play with you is enough to get you going….so when I ask myself…IS BEING A DAD HARD? NAH!!! (well… sometimes still, hehe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment